The °µÍø½ûÇø Honors College is accepting applications for the Spring 2024 semester and future semesters. Students MUST meet all requirements to be admitted into the program in addition to completing the application in full. All students accepted into the program must complete course work on campus in a face-to-face format.
Students should complete their application and return it to the Office of Admissions and Records. Questions may be directed to Mr. Jeremy Pittman, Honors College Director (email@example.com).
The deadline for applications follow:
|Friday, January 14th, 2024
|Friday, August 16th, 2024
|Friday, January 10th, 2025
Note: When applying, please have all supporting documents ready for submission with the application. You will be able to upload the required supporting documents.
Overview of the °µÍø½ûÇø Honors Program
MISSION: To provide an enhanced educational opportunity, above and beyond the standard course
curriculum, for exceptional students who strive for academic excellence by demonstrating
a high level of interest, initiative, and ability.
PHILOSOPHY: Inspire students to challenge themselves, encourage research and higher levels of reasoning, and critical thinking skills. Promoting distinction to include alternative learning styles, academic passion, leadership skills, academic flexibility, and student faculty interaction. Promote a rich supportive and cultivating environment that will result in enhanced intellect and will prepare students to continually improve their personal quality of life.
- To challenge high achieving and highly motivated students to purposefully engage in Honors coursework
- To act as a positive pivotal point in student outcomes by focusing on academic excellence including critical thinking, communication skills, and academic inquiry
- To engage students and faculty across all disciplines
- To encourage and support Honors Program students in leadership and service to the college and the community
- The Honors Program is student centered.
- The Program provides avenues for a broad range of students to participate at multiple levels.
- The Program embraces a well-defined commitment to diversity.
- The Program extends beyond °µÍø½ûÇø to address the local and global community.
INCENTIVES FOR STUDENTS WHO QUALIFY:
- Offers Scholarships to reduce tuition and fees
- Recognized during Presidential Awards Program
- Added notation in Commencement program
- Engraved bronze plaque for display with scholars' names
BENEFITS FOR STUDENTS:
- Honors designation on transcript and Degree
- Special recognition at graduation and honors medallion;
- Enhanced transfer opportunities;
- Development of leadership and mentoring skills; promote community service
- Membership in a community of peer/scholars in the classroom and in the college community;
- Close mentoring, and advising interaction with dynamic faculty;
- Customized library training and support; and,
- Increased preparation to qualify for scholarship opportunities.
- Complete and submit the to the honors college program and provide the requested information.
- You will need to upload your 500-word profile essay, double spaced using a 12-point
font as a part of the application. This essay should include your choice of major, professional aspirations, and why
you are a good fit for this program.
- Applicants currently in high school should have two completed recommendation forms; one from a high school teacher/counselor/administrator and one from a community leader.
The recommender will receive an email with a copy of the form for completion.
- Applicants currently enrolled in college should have two completed recommendation forms; one from a college professor and one from a community leader. These should be sent from
the recommender directly to Mr. Jeremy Pittman. The recommender will receive an email
with a copy of the form for completion.
- Submit an official copy of your high school transcript and college transcript (if you are a transfer student) and your most recent ACT or SAT score report to the Office of Admissions and Records. If you have already sent them, it is not necessary to send a second copy. All correspondence submitted on your behalf must include your complete name and Social Security number. Type or print legibly.
No Application Fee: °µÍø½ûÇø does not assess a fee to submit an application.
For Further Information, Contact:
Mr. Jeremy Pittman, Honors College Director
phone: 662-621-4669; email: firstname.lastname@example.org